Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Cleaner

Like most of the furniture in our home, we inherited a weathered wooden deep seated bench from Mark's mom some time ago. You may even remember the bench looking so lonely in the pictures of my barren backyard from last summer. I FINALLY caught the spring cleaning bug, and decided that this spring/summer I was going to enhance our backyard to be family friendly...even if it killed me. So, I put together some soap, water, and elbow grease and got to work. I must have scrubbed that bench for an hour!!! My efforts were not in vain. I discovered that under a thick layer of dirt and crusted on grass, was a very lovely smelling red pine!!! I added a coat of outdoor spray paint to protect the wood from rotting, and new cushions that were a bit pricey for my liking, but necessary. They will be stored indoors to assure a long lifespan!

So, for your delight, I present the beginning of a new oasis:
Before, sorry it's kind of blurry! 

After, looks so comfy!

Goes perfectly with the chimnea Mark gave me for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

No way! You didn't even have to paint the bench? You just cleaned it and it looked that good? Whoa! Makes me wanna come hang out in your backyward!