Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 7, 2002

May 6, 2002 started off as a regular day...I was huge, spent most of my day chasing Hunter or cleaning up his messes! I had also been on bedrest for about a month and a half- and my due date was getting closer, May 28. I was nesting VERY badly, bugging Mark because we still had not bought the mattress for Austin's crib. Mark stopped that afternoon and bought it as a surprise. I fixed dinner around 530, we ate, and Mark went out to mow. Sometime around 6 I remember having TERRIBLE stomach cramps, but I thought it was indigestion again since I had that most of my pregnancy too. I laid on the couch, I sat up, I stood up...nothing could relieve my pain. Finally around midnight we called my doc and he sent us to the hospital. We got there at 1230 or so and they said that I was dialated to a 3...Time to get the show on the road, right??? Not so much. We called our neighbor, (and hero of that night) Rachel, to see if she could bring up some clothes and stuff because we didn't bring any! We thought it was indigestion, I would get some more IV drugs, and they would send us packing! She spent all day with us (which I am not sure I ever said thank you for, I was really nervous that being my first kid and all!) The started Pitocin around lunch time, and Austin Jordan Brewer was born May 7, 2002 at 3:36 pm He weighed 7 lbs 3.6 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He also broke my tailbone during delivery, but I didn't discover this for a few weeks...

Austin about 2 months old


Austin about 1 year old with his first pup Hunter

2nd birthday

3 years old

4 years old

5 years old
6 years old
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Tell Austin I said Happy Birthday, he used to be so little!!! I cant believe he is 7!! Thats crazy!!!

April Drolet said...

Happy Birthday Austin! Looking forward to coming to H-Town!

The Wood Family said...

happy belated b-day Austin!!!
Jennie! I was reading this and at first didn't know you were reminiscing...I thought, Hunter??!!! Is he back??!! lol that poor dog, he was sweet, just a handful huh?!