Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New years and I defeated the serger!

I have been looking forward to a New Year...there's just something about beginnings that excite me! On Tuesday, December 29th, Mark, me, Austin, Abi, Kenzie (Mark's little sister), Bandit and Peaches all piled into the truck and made the 6 (or so) hour trip to San Angelo, Texas. We reached our destination around 11:30pm...and even though we were exhausted...we stayed up visiting until about 4am!! Only to get up the next morning at 630 and make a 2.5 hour trip to visit my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Debbie in Odessa, Texas. We spent most of Wednesday catching up with them, then enjoyed a yummy lunch, and more chatting! I used to spend almost every summer while I was growing up with them, so it was really awesome to spend some time with them! Abi and my cousin are a few days apart, so they always have fun together. While I was away in Arkie, I missed a lot of time with them, it was so great to see them! That afternoon, we traveled back to San Angelo to watch Xavier at his basketball practice. He was so cute, one of the smallest on his team...but very good! Thursday we spent the day just hanging out. We also made one of my favorite foods, lumpia!! Then we waited until midnight and toasted to my favorite wine that Wendy introduced me to, super yummy stuff. Friday we spent the day hanging out again, same as Saturday. Then we packed up and headed back home. It was such a fun trip. Bastian and Xa are getting so big. Bastian at one point came up to the room where Mark and I were staying and informed me that he was the one responsible for making our bed for us...then he told me that he was going to by me some courage...He's a very funny little guy!!! It was nice to catch up.


We got home around 1030pm Saturday evening, unpacked and hit the hay. Sunday morning, just Mark went to church because Abi woke up with a tummy ache. Monday and Tuesday I messed around with the serger, trying to get it to work. I thought after breaking two needles before completing even one hem, that I would not be using the serger. I spent at least an hour adjusting the tensions. FINALLY, I got it to work! I finished Abi's outfit this afternoon. I also see using the serger again in my future!
I am so looking forward to a New Year. Nothing really coming up, I just like newness! I do not go back to school until the 19th but Austin and Abi go back tomorrow. That gives me a week and a half to do whatever I want!

No comments: