Friday, November 6, 2009

Sad Day

It is a sad day in Texas. I was taking a power nap yesterday when Mark called and said that he read something on the ticker for Air1 that said there was an incident at Fort Hood. He first asked if that is where one of our neighbors was stationed (with the Guard). I told him no, but that I have another childhood friend that is part of the police force there. I didn't realize how big the incident was when I called to check on her. I left her a voice mail and then turned on the TV. I immediately started to feel anxious about the situation because of the number of people that had been killed or injured. I sat glued to the TV the rest of the afternoon. My heart was broken for so many of the people involved: the soldiers returning from the war that thought they were safe here at home, only to be gunned down by one of their own; for those that were lost in all of the chaos, and left for hours of not knowing if their loved ones were okay; for the children that must have been terrified being locked down at school, and for the parent that couldn't get to that child. I believe God's justice will be served. While searching for an answer in the scripture, I found this: Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion, For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him! God has a plan...

No comments: