Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A funny

Grammy, my mom, made a visit to Houston this past weekend. She brought a few treasures that she found at my grandmother's house, who passed away a couple of years ago. One of the items she brought was a child's size sewing machine from 20 plus years ago. Abi immediately fell in love with it!!! Between the time of waking up on Sunday morning and going to church that morning, she must have asked me 15 times if and when I was going to teach her how to sew. I warned her that the machine was so old that it may not work anymore, but her enthusiasm persisted. I told her that if the little one didn't work, that I would teach her on my machine. She said, "well, I've been watching you sew...so, I pretty much have it down." Then, we walked into the doors of the preschool church building and she announced to Miss Ann that her Grammy brought her a little sewing machine and her mommy was going to teach her to sew. Unfortunately, we attempted to use the machine when we got home, but it is just too old. So, Abi has added a kid's sewing machine to Christmas list...

No comments: