Thursday, February 26, 2009

Daring to love and all that Jazz

So, it's been a couple of days since I lasted posted....right now, I am taking a much needed break from a paper that I am writing for my Intro to Human Development class. The paper is about Piaget and his theory on cognitive development...fun stuff I tell ya! On a lighter note, our small group is working on their 3rd week of the Love Dare. I think they are enjoying it...I know Mark and I are. To spice it up a bit, Mark and I even have a date tonght! Okay, so it's not my idea of the perfect date, but I take what I can get. These days with kids in the mix, dates don't come so easily! We are going with a friend of mine from high school and her husband to the Rockets game. Mark is so excited because B-ball is his number one sport, we have courtside seats, passes to the Lexus Lounge for free food, and he will get to see LaBron(sp?) James play. I myself am not much of a basketball buff, but if it makes my guy happy, then I'm happy! Plus I got to buy us matching Rocket shirts (what could be cuter, and better than that?) The free food part is also very exciting....it gave us a good excuse to call a cheat night on our fat-free diet! The diet is going VERY well, I am pleased with my results thus far. Mark has lost 6.5 pounds and I have lost 10 pounds in the past 10 days. The food selection is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and thanks to my trusty new cookbook, the HungryGirl cookbook, finding meals is easy as fat-free pie! Last night we had some of the yummiest egg rolls I've ever had! Check out the website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/ I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal, but at least I'm making some headway! Poor Mark is just along for the ride! Anyways, keep checking, I hope to have lots of fun pics from the Rockets game!

No comments: