Thursday, March 18, 2010

Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That

We have been up to all kinds of things! I haven't written about them because it's just a small blip here and there. On March 6 I had to take a test for school, but Mark was able to participate in our church's community service day. He chose to work on the 'Feed the Children' project where they boxed food for families. He said that it was a cool experience, and the group that attended boxed quite a bit of food. Although he couldn't take Austin and Abi this time, he hopes that maybe we can plan a day with our small group and take the kids to help then.

the group that attended 'Feed the Children' project

Next, I posted a happy birthday wish to Abi on her birthday, but haven't said what we did. That morning, Abi woke up to my awful, raspy version of the 'Happy Birthday' song, and came down for her choice of breakfast. She wore a dress to school (with jewelry!!) in honor of her special day. I would have liked to eat lunch with her, but I had to turn in a paper for my class. I read to her class on Friday to make-up for missing lunch. She got off the bus wearing a pink paper crown and a big smile! When she came in the house she found her cupcakes, flowers, and present! She and Austin ate a cupcake on our way out the door to have dinner with Aunt Marie, Deve, and Lala (Mark's Aunt, cousin, and sister) at Chuy's. When we came back home, Grandpa, Wendy, and Kenzie came over for cupcakes. This year Abi opted for a bigger (more expensive) gift instead of a party, she wanted the purple Hannah Montana PSP (it can play games, music, and movies- great for car trips!). This year she wants her and Luke, her very best friend, to get their faces painted like tigers, go to the Rainforest Cafe (because it's like a jungle where tigers live) for lunch, and then see a movie together. Because there aren't really any kid movies out right now, we have to wait until "How to Train Your Dragon" comes out on the weekend of the 26th. Coincidentally, that is Mark's birthday weekend as well.

Abi and Austin March 11, 2010



This past Friday, we watched Grace and Meredith overnight so Mark and Naomi could have a date night (those are super important when you have kids!!!) We played outside for a little while; Grace drove Mer around in Abi's car until the battery finally ran out! Mer was laughing hysterically the whole time!! They both had a lot of fun!

Because I am a huge slacker...I forgot my camera for Jimbo's (my brother) baby shower! I woke up around 3:30am this past Saturday and drove to Dallas for it. I got there around 9, just as my brother and the rest of the family was waking up. Jimmie and I went grocery shopping for all the food for the shower, then came home and set up. This shower was mainly for family, so it wasn't that big. Other than Jimmie, Rita, and myself, there were only ten other people. On our side: Mom and Alisha (my sister), Aunt Lulu (my mom's sister), Ronda and Cheyene (my cousins). It was so good to sit and visit; I had been a while since I have had a chance to see my aunt and cousins. I also was a slacker in the gift department. I am sewing a very special quilt for my new niece (due date moved to May 5 from the 17th). I didn't finish sewing it before the shower, so I had to give Jimmie and Rita an IOU- I have since finished it, and will post pictures after I ship it.
Also on the sewing front, I found some fabric that I fell in love with! After spending much time toiling over what I was going to make with it (had to be special!) I settled on making a boutique style outfit for Pacey. I want to list similar outfits like it in my shop on etsy.com

Unfortunately, it is already Thursday of my spring break; so, I'm not sure how much more sewing I am going to get to do. I should be doing homework, which I guess it why I am so motivated to sew! If I could just make this week stretch a little bit more! We have nothing on our agenda which helps the time pass by slower...I like that! We have loved being outside in the beautiful weather!!! The kids adopted the box that the lawnmower came in and have made it into a shop, house, clubhouse, tiger cage, and I'm sure many other things. They have played outside every day this week, except Tuesday when it rained. We had a picnic yesterday with the Benders at their playground. We will end the break with a visit to the rodeo to see Selina Gomez. The kids are excited, they love watching her on Disney. After that, it's back to school. For all of us.

No comments: