Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Simple Fun

I have been trying so hard to come up with creative and fun things to do with the kids. I was over thinking it.Today, while cleaning out the fridge, I suggested that the kids and I take some old hamburger buns to a nearby neighborhood lake to feed the ducks. It turned out to be one of the best ideas I think I've ever had!! As we were pulling into the lot, I was a little worried that it was maybe too hot for the ducks to be out. I could only see two or three, so I was wondering where they were. We parked behind some hedges, so we were blind for a minute. I turned the corner and was nearly attacked by as many as thirty very hungry quacking ducks!! Austin and Abi were giggling so sweetly! The bread went very quickly. Austin said that one refused to wait for him to drop a pinch, and jumped to eat it out of his hand. There were also close to twenty red eared sliders, an aquatic turtle. I only know that because we googled them as soon as we got home so we would know what they eat for our next visit. They were huge!! So, a simple visit to a duck pond turned out to be one of the funnest things we have done all summer.

No comments: