Saturday, April 2, 2011

Two for Two

Projects, projects! I have had two projects in the last two days. One small, one bigger. I love projects!! They make me feel useful.So, without further delay...here they are!

Project #1: Small lanterns
I bought two small size tea light candle lanterns for the front yard out of the dollar bin at Target a couple years ago. You can imagine what the weather had done to them!



BEFORE:
 A bit rusty, huh?

AFTER:
Nothing a can of spray paint can't fix!!

Project #2: Raised Garden Bed
I was VERY nervous about this one. I found plans on Ana White.com, my new favorite website, but they look kind of hard to do. Especially, if your forte is NOT handyman!!! I figured if I can sew something than I can build something. I will not be quiting my day job though!

BEFORE:

 A barren waste land, well kind of...

AFTER:
 Fresh veggies will be here before ya know it!!!!

My newest and most favorite hobby, I'm taking on a green thumb!!!

Having the vegetable garden done brings me one step closer to being finished making over the backyard. It's been a long process, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!!!


No comments: