Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Recovery

I had an order through my etsy shop last week. Not a small one mind you, I had to make 2 dresses, a child's apron, and a doll apron. That's a lot of sewing to do in three days. Not to mention, my machine was throwing a HUGE fit! I couldn't get the tension to adjust where I needed it to. Me and my old machine, a hand-me-down from my mom, pushed through and completed the order. It took longer to ship than I would have liked, but nevertheless it did ship! I sat down on Friday and practically spent the entire day adjusting the tension. No luck. So, I see a new sewing machine in my future! (Maybe a sewing machine that also does embroidery?? Wink, wink!!)

Before I knew my machine was going to have a melt down I purchased some cute fabric to make Abi a summer top. I found a cute pair of denim shorts at a resale shop. Not only were they cute, but they were also Gap brand and only $2.00!!! I always LOVE a great deal!!!!
 Front

Back 

Cute little embroidered butterfly on the front 

 The cute fabric I found to go with the shorts

 The finished product!!!

This year as a homeschooling mom has been a lot of fun. However, there are days when all the AJB's do is fight. ALL. DAY. LONG!!! So, when I catch them getting along, I try to complement them on their behavior and tell them how much I appreciate their kindness to each other. When they are sweet to each other it makes me feel warm and giddy inside. So, you can imagine how Mark and I felt when we went to check on the kids before we went to bed the other night, and found them like this:
A picture is worth a thousand words!

No comments: