Friday, June 10, 2011

Grow

This was my garden back when I first planted it. My plants were so tiny.

This is my garden as of yesterday. It is abundant and overflowing...literally! I actually had to pull the pumpkin vine out of the garden because it was taking over the backyard and the bottom of the plant was starting to rot due to moisture.

My first watermelon...doesn't it look YUMMY! 

My first cantaloupe. 

Some cucumbers...Austin and Abi love these cold, sliced, and in a little vinegar/water mixture 

This is a bloom on my okra plant. Isn't it pretty? 

This is an okra that I picked this week! IT'S HUGE!!!

Some of my yellow squash. I've picked a LOT of this so far!!! 

 On the left, green onions. On the right, carrots.

 My jalapeno plant, there are currently 3 peppers on it.

So, all in all, my garden is growing nicely! We're enjoying the veggies and fruits we've picked so far.

Which brings me to my next topic. My hair. I have been trying to let it grow out...which is hard for me! Since I was a sophomore in high school, I have kept my hair short, as in above my shoulders! It's so much healthier and easier to take care of that way. In fact, here are some throw back pics from back in the day!
Senior pic

Mom and me at graduation

Me and Mark after basic training graduation

Clay, Ali, Aaron, Brandon, Mark and me on our wedding day

Shortly after we were married...yup, that's my $30 wedding dress, the total cost of our wedding!!!!

My pic from my pharmacy tech school training days

When I was preggers with Austin, his Houston baby shower

Mark has never seen me with long hair before, so I told him that I would try to grow it out. However, the longer it gets, the more I am reminded of why I like it short!!! The longer it gets, the more difficult it is to control the frizz...in Houston humidity, that's not fun! It also is starting to get curly...not in a cute way! My friend, Jenni, shared a website with me that I have taken some tips from: naturally curly.com (Thanks Jenni!) So far, I am loving it! My new hair regiment looks like this: Day 1 wash with conditioner (Herbal Essence featherlight) then wash with a mixture of olive oil, coconut milk, coconut water, and aloe vera juice. Always rinse with cold water. Day 2 same. Day 3 wash with regular shampoo and conditioner. I can already tell a difference in how soft my hair is, and the frizz is almost non existent!!!! I'm undecided if the new wash schedule will stick, but I am happy that it is going well so far.

No comments: