Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

This year our turkey day was not the usual! Instead of cooking traditional food, we made Tex-Mex! We had cheese enchiladas, chicken flautas, fiesta corn, refried black beans, mexican rice, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, guacamole, pico de gallo, and chili con queso! YUM...this could be the start of a new tradition! Mark's aunt Marie, cousin Deve, and sister Sluz joined us in the feast.

Black Friday was a blast again this year! I left my casa around 3:15am, stopped at Starbucks for my favorite Venti Carmel Macchiato, and then headed to Target to get in line. Naomi joined me at 4:15 or so. It was cold, but it was fun. Naomi and I had a chance to catch up on things that are going on and what's coming up. We also got a "door prize", a reusable bag, just for being there. Also, because I spent more than $100 dollars, I got a $10 dollar gift card. Maybe it does payoff to do all my Christmas shopping on Black Friday!! I did get most of the things on my list. We try to limit the kids to five or so gifts each, and one or two things between Mark and me. After Target we hit Walmart and then JcPenney. I had so much fun hangin' out with Naomi, can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: