Sunday, December 20, 2009

Grammy's very own forest!


This past week was a pretty busy one. Monday-Wednesday were filled with last minute Christmas shopping. Thursday,I took my last final of the semester and Friday, I went to Austin's and Abi's Christmas parties for school. Abi was in rare form and super excited. Abi's teacher asked me to help set up for the party, so I arrived a few minutes early. I was excited that I didn't have to wait in the traffic of all the other parents trying to make to their kids' classes. The kids decorated and ate sugar cookies, and had a special visit from Santa. I stayed in Abi's class halfway through the party, while Mark went to Austin's class. Half way through we switched. The parties were nice, but true excitement came when we headed home and packed up to go to Grammy's house for Christmas there. Once we made it to the last 30 minutes of driving through the woods, we hit the dirt road that my parent's live off of and Austin announced that we were close because we were driving in "Grammy's woods"! Oddly enough he was right! We spent some time visiting with Grammy and Papa and waited for Aunt Lisha to get there. We finally went to bed around 11 or so. Around 3am we heard the door opening and the dogs started barking like crazy! My brother Jimmie, and sister-in-law, Rita, had come for a surprise visit from Dallas. Of course, in my family, it is not unusual to get up at 3am Christmas morning to do the gift exchange...so, that is what we did!!! Afterwards, we put the kids back in bed and told them that we would see them in a couple of hours and headed back to bed. Then, Abi woke everyone up around 8. Grammy had to go into work, so our visit was cut short and we headed back home around noon. When we got home we all showered and got dressed for Christmas at Mark's dad's house. Mark's Grandpa and wife and his uncle would all be visiting. We snacked, did a white elephant gift exchange, watched a little football, and then headed home around 8. Each of us was very exhausted. Mark pushed himself because he wanted to see "Avatar" So badly, and joined some of his buddies at the movies for the 1030 showing. We were still all so tired this morning that we came home after a short shopping trip and all took a very LONG nap! It was so good to see all of my family, it's been since last Christmas since we have all been together like that. I know memories like these will become fewer and fewer and I just want to cherish them. Next year my mom had requested to be hers, she wants all of us to come for the holidays. I am very much looking forward to it.

No comments: