Monday, November 16, 2009

A long time coming!

Much like a pregnancy, it takes a long time to cook up a quilt! Okay, maybe not always...but I received a special request for some quilts and if you know anything about me, you know that I like things as close to perfect as possible! When I make a quilt, the most difficult part of the process is finding the fabric. You can't just walk in the store and take the fabric "that will do". You need the perfect fabric. I started my hunt back in July and finally have a finished product today! There were three quilts to be made- 2 for boys, firetrucks, and 1 for a little girl, ladybugs. I am only posting 2 for now (because I'm waiting for Jenni to open her box to see the third!)
Little boy quilt


Little girl quilt


They were made for a twin boy and girl

1 comment:

Jenni Deiderich said...

Oooh, they look great!!!! Thanks SOOO much for fulfilling my special request. I'll open my box today so you can post pics of Alex's blanket soon. I'm sure it'll be great, too!!!