Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Early Bird

This year we had our turkey early; well, kind of! We celebrated Thanksgiving with our small group this past Sunday. I was able to snap a couple pics before the celebration. I am ashamed to say that during the celebration my focus was primarily on the food and not taking pictures. Sorry to fail you my fellow bloggers!
Me and Abi making double-layered Pumpkin cheesecake
Abi the little chef
Mark and Travis extending the table...I missed the part where Mark was laying on his back using his legs to push!!!!
The only boo-boos I had on this special occasion were forgetting that I told Brandy to put her yummy sweet potato pie in the oven to keep it warm. I then preheated the oven for the stuffing, sent Mark to the store for some of the ingredients and then noticed that the casserole was in the oven when I went to put the stuffing in!!! Needless to say, the sweet potato pie was pretty much burnt to a crisp! Poor Brandy probably thought I was out to sabotage her dinner contributions, because I then forgot to put out the deviled eggs that she brought! Other than those miner set backs, dinner was so YUMMY!

No comments: