Monday, November 25, 2013

Breckenridge, Colorado Family Vacation Day 1

Our first real, whole day in Breckenridge started with cold pizza out of the fridge because we had not had a chance to make it to the grocery store. We didn't even have coffee. GASP! So, a few of us loaded up and headed to the grocery store. I can't remember the name of the store, but I was on cloud nine when I found out I could use my Kroger card! We really should have planned out that trip and others a little bit better. Between the four families here, we now have three containers of mayo in the fridge. That's something I would have done differently had I thought about it: plan out meals and grocery lists before the trip even began! I think we've come up with a plan so far. We ordered pizza the Saturday night. Javier made a spicy pasta with bread for dinner Sunday night. Monday night we plan to find a restraint overlooking the city. Georgiet will make chicken adobo and I will make potato soup Tuesday night. DeAndre and Liz will make frito pie Wednesday night. We will be baking dessert probably all day Wednesday in preparation for Thursday, Thanksgiving dinner. For Thanksgiving, we have split the menu between the families, each making their favorite dishes to share.Friday we will have left overs...so far we have a LOT of those!

After returning from our grocery shopping expedition, we did one of my very favorite things. We all sat together and had a big family breakfast. There are two large tables. So, the kids all sit at one table and the adults all at the other.

Anxious to get out and play in the snow while the Roman slept, Liz and D bundled up and headed out. The whole group was excited to hear that they found three sleds stashed away in the garage! Then it was pretty much a requirement that we all bundle up and head out to play in the snow!














The evening ended with dinner. Everyone was so exhausted from playing in the snow that thee games we intended to play were non existent!  We all retired early! The night was a tough one. Another really cool thing about this house is that all of the floors are heated. A curse of this house is that all the floors are heated. It was so hot in our room and we couldn't get it to cool down. We resorted to opening the balcony door and *trying* to sleep with it open! I do miss my Sleep Number bed at home!

No comments: