Friday, October 7, 2011

Putting It Together

It is a difficult task to come up with creative ways to teach. So, for all of you teachers out there. KUDOS to you!!!! Luckily, I have a trusty new website that I frequent called Pinterest.com...you may have heard of it! I have already tried 2 recipes that I have found there. And next week I plan to use at least 5 different homeschooling resources/ideas that I've found. One of the ideas that I will be using is linked to this blog. It is a great way to practice contractions! I couldn't find cupcakes so I went with bees:

I introduced these to Abi by telling her that the words on their wings were too heavy. She needed to match it to the contraction, or the shorter way to write the word. Then the bees could fly easier!

Abi was very excited to play this "game" and got them all correct the first try!

One of the recipes that I tried out (from Pinterest) was nothing short of delightful! Here's the link to the official website. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product and by the time I retrieved my dish from the Friday school break room...you guessed it...none were left! But I made sure to snap a pic of recipe number two. Pumpkin cream cheese whoopies, or better known to me as, a little taste of heaven!! Here's the direct link for that website. Just to give an example of how yummy these things are, I made them TWICE this week!!!
Check back next week to see the other fun things I've collected from Pinterest!!!!!!

No comments: