Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mommy's day, a done deal!

Abi wrote me a song for mother's day this year. Here's the translation: You're the pumpkin pie to my heart. You have the prettiest smell in the world. You can dance lovely. Nothing can stop you from dying. [another word/sentence I can't read] You are like a queen to me. She also gave me a little porcelain snowman that  she painted. Austin gave me the new Fireflight CD, which I love!!! Mark gave me the Francesca Battistelli CD, which hasn't made it into my CD player quite yet!
Austin and Abi both made me a multitude of cards. Another mother's day in the books. Another day I was and am so blessed to be a mommy. I often try to remember things from when they were smaller. They both always ask Mark and I to tell them stories from when they were little. One of Austin's favorite stories is from when he was about 9 months or so. We came home from work, Austin was hungry so I put him in his high chair. I warmed up a gerber graduate container of spaghetti and meatballs. I went to change out of my BDU's. When I came back, there was no spaghetti on his tray. The dog was licking the container clean. I threw my hands up in disbelief. As I looked up, I noticed that there was spaghetti strung across the ceiling even to include around a corner into the front hallway!!!

This past weekend, Abi and I went to have our hair done while the boys went to a shooting range. Abi wanted desperately to color her hair pink. As a compromise, we let her cut about 4-5 inches off. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about the end result. But wouldn't ya know it...she looks so darn cute with it short too!

In exactly 20 days, Mark and I will celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary. The kids are going to Grammy's house for a few days, then Mark and I will celebrate. I am REALLY excited about the big 10 because we are planning on going on a cruise. Our original plan was to go alone, but the more we thought about it, the more we have thought about how much fun we would have with some of our friends! So far, we have at least three other couples that want to come with us. I can't wait, it is going to be so AWESOME!

No comments: