Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Down to the wire...again...

So, once again I am having problems with the VA. You would think that after last year, my turn of difficulty would be done....nope, not so much! The VA is now accepting applications to convert GI Bills from Ch. 30 (etc) to the Post 9/11. For me, it makes much more sense to convert to the Post 9/11. I submitted my paperwork on May 1 (the first day they accepted it). I received my certification letter on May 19, and responded to the mistake they made on the 21st (had to wait through the weekend and call). I have been waiting for several weeks for my corrected certification letter, seeing in WAVE that I have pending documents (you just don't know what documents they are!). For about a week and a half they show no pending documents, so I have been expecting it to arrive in the mail. Finally, I broke down and called yesterday- they have no record of my request for correction AT ALL! The man I spoke with told me to fill out some form...that's when I said "I have already filled out this paperwork, I sent a letter to correct the mistake only because the last time I called that's what the guy told me to do!" So, the guy decides to log into my account (what a concept) where he saw that I originally requested the correct school, and the VA listed the certification for the wrong one. He said that he was going to submit an inquiry; in the meantime, I should try to see if UofH could accept the cert. letter with the wrong school name for now. I haven't heard back from them yet, and I hate cutting it close when it comes to getting my paperwork done! The reason I say we are down to the wire is because th UofH VA office requires 4-6 weeks to process paperwork...and as you heard in earlier stories, they aren't very helpful either!

On another note, we have 9 more days until Mark leaves for his Brazil mission trip. It seems unreal to me that he's going to be gone for a week! The kids and I are going to stay with my parents for the week in the sticks. yea. I am in the process of trying to talk Mark into a mini vacation to camp by the lake or something before school starts. Speaking of school, yesterday, I bought the kids these CUTE little thermos' for their lunch bag- they even came with a folding spoon/fork! How cute! I also sorted through their clothes yesterday to make room for school clothes. I love this time of year- getting ready for school to start, getting ready for the fall (MY FAVORITE SEASON!) The anxiety is killing me!

No comments: