Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 11, 2004

Many of you probably do not remember that day so distictly! But I do- that is the day my little Abi was born. I had visited the doctor on Monday, March 8: since I was about ready to pop, he decided that even though I wasn't due until March 13, he would induce me Thursday March 11. I ended up getting a call from him later in the afternoon to tell me that he rescheduled the induction to Friday the 12th at 9pm. (WHAT?!?! You can imagine my disappointment!) Well, I made it until about 4am on the 11th and then went into labor- seems Abi thought Thursday fit her schedule as well!!!! I let Mark sleep for about an hour before we got up and started getting ready to go. I took a shower and packed up some clothes. My mom had already driven from Texas the day before and stayed with Austin. We got to the hospital and then just waited. Michelle was there hanging out with me the whole time (and laughing at Mark being a goofball!) Abilene Jewel Brewer was born at 2:53pm at 8lbs 5oz and 20 3/4th inches.


Abi on her first day home



Abi on her 1st birthday




Abi on her 2nd birthday



Abi on her 3rd birthday



Abi on her 4th birthday



Abi at dinner for her 5th birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABILENE!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I remember her first Birthday well. That was the day I had Rebekah!!! And like you, I can't believe my Rebekah will be four years old tomorrow. Check out my birthday post for her!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe she is so old now!! I remember when I was there with you and Mark at the sonogram! Now she's 5!! Its crazy. Well tell her Michelle says Happy Birthday and Im sending her a big hug!!!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Abi!!! I can't believe she's 5 now, either!

The Wood Family said...

Happy 5th Birthday Abi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni Deiderich said...

She looks more and more like you every year, Jen!